We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you want to make sure it's both nutritious and satisfying. Eating a healthy breakfast sets the tone for your morning, which can help you make smart choices all day long. With that said, here are three delicious– and nutritious–breakfasts that will get your day off on the right foot!
Microwave English MuffinÂ
Purchasing a fast food egg sandwich is a quick breakfast, but we all know it's not the healthiest (or waist-friendly) option. This Microwave English Muffin only takes a few minutes to prepare, and it's a lot more nutritious and satisfying since it's made with almond meal and an egg. Add your favorite fixings for an egg sandwich or spread with nut butter for a fast and healthy breakfast!
Want a breakfast that is both satisfying and sweet? Look no further! This recipe for a French Toast Scramble combines the best of both worlds: eggs mixed with banana, cinnamon, honey, and vanilla extract. It might seem like a weird mix of ingredients, but, trust me, this recipe will likely become part of your regular rotation!
- Combine banana with eggs, cinnamon, honey, and vanilla extract; blend well.
- Coat skillet with melted coconut oil and pour in batter.
- Cook on medium heat until eggs are no longer runny; stir frequently.
- Eat with nut butter or your favorite toppings!
Peanut Butter & Banana Stuffed French ToastÂ
Who doesn't love French toast for breakfast? It's a delicious way to start the day, but, typically, it leaves you hungry just a few hours later. All of those refined carbs and sugar don't keep you satisfied for long. This recipe combines nutrient-packed banana and stick-to-your-ribs peanut butter, which fills you up and keeps your hunger at bay for hours.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in a bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash together peanut butter, banana, brown sugar, and the rest of the cinnamon.
- Spread peanut butter mixture on both slices of bread and then press together into a sandwich.Â Â Cut sandwich in half.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Dip both sides of each half of the sandwich into the egg mixture; fully saturate.
- Place bread in skillet and heat both sides until lightly browned, approximately 2-3 minutes each side.
- Remove sandwich from skillet and enjoy!
Read Tinaâ€™s daily food and fitness blog,Â Carrots â€˜Nâ€™ Cake.